So, I’m bored with my hair. I’ve been bleaching/dyeing it myself for a year now. Last year at this time, my hair was bleached out with purple crazy streaks all over. That was the first and last time I ever let a professional do my hair. Why? Because it cost over 100 dollars. No thanks! After that, I switched to Manic Panic. I used their bleach kits and hair color (I adore their hair colors and it’s the longest lasting I’ve found.) The bleach kits are cheap and quick, but annoying. I can’t do it myself because I have very thick hair, so I have to enlist the fiancé‘s help. Yeah, a straight guy bleaching my hair, do you see where this is going? Needless to say, I always end up with spots I need to redo. I love him to death, but hairstylist is not a future occupation he should pursue.
My process went like this:
- Wash hair with PH friendly shampoo
- Apply the bleach after it dries completely
- Let the bleach sit for about an hour
- Check it, fix any spots, and then let sit for ten minutes
- Wash it out completely
- Dry it, again, and wait
- Apply virgin snow toner color, let sit for an hour
- Wash it out, dry hair
- Ponytail or clip up all the hair NOT turning blue on the top of my head
- Apply the blue and let it sit for anywhere to an hour to several
- Wash it out WITHOUT removing the ponytail
- Dry it, again, without removing ponytail
- Now, finally, remove ponytail and enjoy!